Sunday, July 03, 2005

Numbers Crunch

Just going over a few numbers for the stats of two of the catchers the team has fielded recently.

Olivo .174 OBP, .147 BA, in yesterdays game 0-3 with one strikeout.
Rivera .382 OBP, .364 BA, in his time with the Mariners. His time in AA San Antonio has shown him to posses the following stats. .326 OBP, and .295 BA.

God forbid the GM and or Manager of this team show that they actually have a pair, and take a freaking chance on Rivera. Are they trying to tank this club?
Tell me exactly what kind of real difference Spiezio is going to make to this team. Both of of the positions he plays are fielded with high dollar free agents. Are you telling me that me he is going to be a career PH from now on? I certainly hope his average picks up a little from the .077 it currently rests at. Is he the new trade bait? It certainly looks like Brett 'Rally Killer' Boone is off the table.

Can anyone tell me why Willie 'F-n' Bloomquist is still on this team? Could they not have kept Lopez and dropped Bloomquist? I mean Bloomquist is hitting a whopping .197 and went 0-3 yesterday, with two of those chalked up to strikeouts. I'm sure glad they brought in Hansen to do the sacrifice Bunt in the ninth, because the way Willie was going, he would have cheesed that up too.

I have an idea to offer the Ownership, get rid of Bavasi, and try to woo Jim Bowden from the Nationals. Get on your hands and knees and beg Lou to come back. If you can't get Lou, because Steinbrenner takes him. Ask Joe Torre if he'll consider the job. Hell, ask anyone for all I care, just get someone in there with some GD stones!

I keep saying the same thing over and over again, but it's the only way I can vent. It's frustrating when everyone can see the problem except the front office. That is because it seems, in this case, the front office is the problem.

2 Comments:

Anonymous moira said...

Amen, amen, and amen. The frequent presence of Borders in the starting lineup always makes me think, "wait, is this the real life version of Major League?" Although that's changed now that Boone is gone, we no longer have our Corbin Bernsen character.
And what exactly is Spiezio good for on this team? That's a question that baffles and infuriates me.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

His (Spiezio) batting average is speaking volumes, isn't it?

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home