Wednesday, July 13, 2005

One more for Brett...........

I was watching that ESPN gameshow the other day. You know the one where teammates answer questions about each other. Randy Winn and Jo-el Pinero were on the show. One group of answers they were trying to match came from Gil Meche. One of the questions asked of Gil, was, which teammate would you least like to have a locker next to. Gil's answer, and both Randy and Jo-el answered Brett Boone. There were a couple of other negative Boone answers too.

I guess that veteran 'Leader' role that Brett thought of himself in, wasn't held in very high regard. You don't think the low BA, thrown equipment, and other hissy fits, had anything to do with it, do you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous moira said...

Interesting. I think one of the things that rubs me wrong about Boone is that frat boy persona. I can see him being one of those guys who relieves his aggressive instincts by playing "funny" pranks like the old ben-gay in the jockstrap and toothpaste on the eyelids type stuff.
I've never seen this espn show, what is it called? I'd love to see it, especially since I have a secret crush on both Randy Winn and Jo-El Piniero. (Despite the Sandy-at-the-End-Of-Grease hairdo of the latter.)
Hope you guys aren't getting hit by the tropical storms and/or hurricanes out there- keep us posted.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I believe the show is called Teammates. It's hosted by Stuart Scott.

3:53 AM  
Blogger colin_hesse said...

I watched that episode. What struck me about me was how, somehow, Randy Winn manages to survive without exhibiting any personality whatsoever. Stuart Scott was continally trying to wake Randy up, and he would continue to give REALLY boring feedback. Is he holding out on us? Did he have anger management issues as a child or something?

6:36 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Maybe he is just shy.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home