Saturday, July 02, 2005

Terminal Velocity

That pretty much describes the rate at which the Mariners are headed to the basement, in not only the AL West, but the whole American League. Some really great moves in have been made since I last posted, just not within the Mariner organization.
Olivo is back behind the plate? He did such a fantastic job for us last time, we just had to bring him back from the Tacoma. You know what? I'm going to end my rant right there.

I actually have some positive to share. This past Thursday my beautiful wife shipped off the kids and took me to a Brevard Manatee game. It was refreshing to be able to watch a game in person, even if it was Minor League. If I were the GM in Seattle, I would try to get a trade with Milwaukee going. There is a guy pitching here for the Manatees that is awesome, as a matter of fact he has been named to the Florida League All-Star Game. The best part of this whole thing is that his name is Ty Taubenheim, and he is from a town called Lynden, Washington. He's local!!!! His record is 10-2, 2.61 ERA, 71 SO, with 100 IP. I watched this kid pitch a shut-out game against the St. Lucie Mets. His fastballs were popping that night!

For those of you that followed the progress of Ryan 'Little Unit' Anderson is the Seattle system, here is an update. Ryan plays for the Manatees now, and here are his latest stats; 0-1, 6.30 ERA, 17 SO, with 10 IP.

With a seven game LOSING streak the Mariners had better be looking for some good pitchers, like Ty, for the future of this franchise. Re-living 1995 isn't going to keep the fans coming for very long.


.231/15 GB

2 Comments:

Anonymous moira said...

With a name like "Ty Taubenheim", how could anyone not love the guy! Now that I think of it, I might just love anyone on a team called the Manatees. He sounds interesting- worth paying attention to. Maybe the Mariners will pick up on him! But that's wishful thinking, because I kept thinking the Mariners would pick up on Spiezio being crap, and no dice thus far.
Cool blog! I don't know if you're new or not, but either way welcome aboard.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

It's not like we're sporting any real Trade bait, except for Ichiro. If they get rid of him in a trade, I think we may as well be thinking 1977 thru 1994 again.

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home