Sunday, September 04, 2005

They need Help

In nine games it will be official. What do I mean? Well, in nine games we will be officially out of the running for the AL Wild Card spot. Does anyone else find this as funny as me? I mean this team should have no problem losing nine games, and the AL Wildcard leaders will have no problem winning nine.


Now comes the dispair portion of this entry. As anyone who has read my archives knows, I was a displaced person (refugee) last year when my home was deemed unsuitable for living after the double shot of Frances and Jeanne hit Central Florida.
I know what it feels like to have nowhere to go.
I know what it feels like to use up my meager savings to put my family of six in a single motel room, when we evacuated for Frances, and after we found that we no longer had a home.
I know what it feels like to have to accept help and handouts from our Church.
I know what it feels like have your dignity stripped.
I know what it feels like to be bumper-to-bumper traffic for over twelve hours, for a trip that would normally take two hours.
I know what it feels like to search in vain for gasoline.
I know what it feels like to have no power for weeks.

But I was lucky. I was lucky because I had my family intact. None of us died, none of us went hungry, and we were put up in a beach Condo (which we rode out Jeanne in) by some very generous people from our Church. We lost a lot of stuff due to the mold and water damage. We had to basically start our lives over again. But we had ourselves, and that is such a blessing.

People in the Gulf States are not as lucky as I was.

THEY NEED OUR HELP!

Please offer clothing, money, shelter, or if anyone that reads this works for a brewery, or bottled water company, ask the powers that be if your company would be willing to offer water for the victims. If you work for a medical supply company, see if your company would be willing to donate supplies to the victims. If you are a medical professional, see about volunteering your services to give some relief to the Doctors and Nurses already there. If you can't do any of the things I listed, go give blood.

All I ask is to try and imagine how these people feel right now, and what you would feel like to be in their shoes. Believe me, you really don't want that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home