Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Issues

As many of last years readers to this blog know. I don't get to watch many Mariner games given my work schedule, and how far away I live. So, I have to monitor the games using the Gameday feature that the MLB website offers.

I lose quite a bit of the feel for what's happening on the field, and to be honest it sucks ass. My employer no longer allows bandwidth to be 'wasted' by it's workers listening to radio, so gameday audio is now out.

So, that being said I have a couple of issues I need to bring up.

I certainly hope that Bavassi is not proud of the aquisition of Carl Everett. I'm not so sure he was worth the price of the plane ticket to bring him out of Chicago. Maybe his production will start picking up as the team go along. It better or I'll put him on the Boone watch.

Why can't Beltre do anything when puts on a Mariner uniform? Maybe he should go ahead and secretly wear his Dominican WBC uniform under his Mariner uniform.

I'm think with a little more confidence and experience George Sherrill might be a better closer than Eddie. We should have traded Eddie off, and used him to get sorely needed help in the Bullpen. We have NO middle relievers or set-up men that I can see thus far. That is quite troubling, considering our offense is doing a pretty good job overall.

1 Comments:

Anonymous moira said...

Guardado scares the crap out of me every time he goes in. I like the guy, I just don't really trust him. It seems like even when he does get the save it's after pushing it to the limit far beyond what I'm comfortable with!

And I like your suggestion that beltre wear his Dominican uniform, there's gotta be something that can turn him into that hitter again.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home