Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Good Game, Great Rally

I have to admit when I saw Eddie come into the game in the eighth I was to say the least nervous. After all we had just taken the lead in the bottom of the seventh. I saw Eddie and I said 'Aw crap, here we go again.' Fortunately Eddie did his job, and did it well. This may be just what he needs to get his and our confidence back.

JJ Putz, did a fantastic job as the closer tonight. Two strikeouts and fielded out for the game with the Devil Rays.

Jo-El as you all know was named A.L. Player of the week, an honor not given to a Seattle starting pitcher since Randy Johnson, in the late nineties.

Richie Sexson seems to have found the monkey that was on Beltre's back. I hope he finds his groove again, he is one of my favorite Mariners.

I found my next Mariner gear purchase. I'm going to save up and buy one of the new Mariner away game jerseys. I like the way they put the Compass Rose on the S in the Seattle name. It's only $99 on MLB.com shopping, maybe I'll have it in time for the Mariners trip to Tampa Bay in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home